Dig deeper into God's Word with us by studying the text from our Sunday sermons! Click on a link below to access documents to help you study individually or with any small group you choose -- including your own family!
As we continue to evaluate circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we have prayerfully reached some conclusions regarding necessary next steps we are taking in order to be good neighbors to our community:
• We continue to provide WBKO Broadcast and Livestream-Only Worship and virtual ministry experiences until further notice.
• We have returned to in-person Sunday morning Worship Services as of Sunday, May 31. Before you attend, we invite you to view our "FBC Reopening to In-Person Worship Services Protocol."
• The Church Office of First Baptist Church is closed until further notice. Please do not visit the Church Office.
• Church Staff are working remotely to continue advancing the mission of First Baptist Church and providing spiritual care and support to our congregation and community. Please feel free to contact our Church Staff during this time! The best contact method is for you to email the staff member directly. You can also call the Church Office and leave a message for our ministerial staff members, and they will be able to access your message remotely. However, an e-mail will get you a quicker response.
• The Red Cross is using our Social Center (Sec. C) for regular blood drives. Potential donors will be screened for health by Red Cross personnel before being allowed to enter the facility and donate blood. The Red Cross is coordinating, staffing, and running these events. We are thankful to be able to provide space for this service to our community. Any questions should be directed to the local Red Cross office. Appointments to donate can be made by visiting www.redcrossblood.org.
• Our Helping Hands Food Pantry is available to the community on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., but no guests are allowed to enter the facility. We will bring food out to our guests.
• Our Childhood Development Center has received emergency certification from the Commonwealth to provide childcare to essential personnel (medical professionals, first responders, etc.). We do not get to decide who qualifies as essential personnel. Anyone interested in this service who thinks they might qualify should contact their employer for further information. Other questions may be directed to our Childhood Development Center at (270) 842-0382.
• We encourage you to join us as we continue giving to God through First Baptist Church. Please feel free to mail checks to First Baptist Church, 621 E. 12th Ave., Bowling Green, KY 42101. You can also give securely online by visiting www.firstbaptistbg.org/give.
Please continue to pray with us for an end to this pandemic; for comfort for those who have lost loved ones; for healing to all who are sick or suffering; for protection and strength for healthcare providers, first responders, essential personnel, and their families; for wisdom for leaders and their families; and for our communities as a whole.
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:4-7).
Connect With Us!
Connect with us by way of our website, Flocknote, and social media! Here’s how:
First Baptist Church website:
First Baptist Church on Flocknote:
Text FIRSTBG to 84576
First Baptist Church on Facebook:
First Baptist Church Children’s Ministry (private group)
First Baptist Church on Instagram:
First Baptist Church on Twitter:
For a long time, First Baptist Church has been known as the church on the corner of Twelfth and Chestnut in downtown Bowling Green. We believe God has called us to this location to make an even greater connection - to be the place where faith and life meet.
Jesus came so that our whole lives might be transformed by His Gospel. He came to give hope to the hopeless, forgiveness to the sinful, and life to the spiritually dead. He came to bring us into relationship with God, and when we walk with God, nothing stays the same.
If you are ready to walk in a faith that transforms your whole life - both now and forever - and blesses the world around you, come join us. We have a place for you where faith and life meet.
Worship (WBKO Broadcast/Livestream-Only) - 11:00 a.m.
Connect with our BoxCast livestream by way of our website, Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire by downloading the BoxCast app to your device and searching for "FBCBG"
God has called us to love and worship Him with every part of our lives - including our finances. The Bible says that God gives us His money to steward for His purposes, and part of that stewardship is to give back to Him a portion of that which He has given us. The standard to which God calls us is the tithe, which is ten percent of our income.
What happens to the money you give to First Baptist Church? Put simply, it is used to fund the ministries of the church so that people might be able to follow Jesus and find life in Him. Specifically, the money you give funds our Ministry in Action Budget, which is used to fund the church's various ministries, support missionaries and ministries around the world, maintain church facilities, and support church personnel.
At First Baptist Church, we take God's money very seriously. All financial assets of the church are managed by a Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, and Finance & Investments Team. If you have questions about the church budget or financial reports, please be sure to attend our bimonthly Church Business Conferences in which full financial reports are given. You can also contact the Church Office for more information.