As members of First Baptist Church of Bowling Green, we joyfully confess our faith in God as revealed in Jesus Christ and affirm Him as the source of our life and hope. We, therefore, freely give allegiance to His church in whose fellowship we strive to grow in faith and understanding. We dedicate ourselves to the service of God in the world - recognizing in ourselves and affirming in others God's gifts of identity and individual worth. Each member of this community of faith makes these solemn commitments:
- I will seek to live according to the pattern of Jesus Christ, measuring my attitudes and actions toward others by His love.
- I will sustain the public worship of God in word and symbol, celebrating His glory and remembering His grace.
- I will be diligent in the study of the Scriptures through private and family devotions, patiently searching their teachings for divine instruction and guidance.
- I will share in Christ's mission to the world, seeking through word and deed to make His love known to all people.
- I will be a faithful steward, devoting my time, talents, and possessions to the enrichment and extension of ministry that addresses itself to the needs of the total person.
- I will sustain and nourish this fellowship of believers, encouraging each person in the pilgrimage of faith.
- I will, as soon as possible, when I remove from this place, unite with some other church, of like faith and order, where I can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God's Word.
Relying on the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit, we seal this covenant with one another and with God as we pray - Eternal Father, Creator of all life, grant us Your presence and strength as we engage in fulfilling this commitment, through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.